1. Future You Now: I am Tomorrow
The aim of the programme is to:
- CONNECT with young adults
- EXPOSE them to benefits of thinking about their future in a responsible way
- Contribute to their lives
- EMPOWER them by adding value and skills to their lives
- DRIVE responsible behaviour through positive re-enforcement
We will work with the following academic Institutions to implement these interventions
Gauteng: Wits, UJ Soweto and UJ Kingsway
- North West: NWU Potchefstroom and NWU Vaal Triangle
- KwaZulu Natal: UKZN Howard, UKZN Westville, DUT
- Eastern Cape: NMMU south and NMMU North
Aware.org. together with our on the ground implementation partner, HDI Youth Marketeers, will roll out these initiatives from August to October2018, without any disruptions over the examination periods.
2. Eastern Cape Liquor Board (ECLB): Sports and Recreation
Through this initiative, the ECLB in partnership with aware.org hope to educate and create awareness on binge drinking through engaging with youth at sports tournaments.
The tournaments will take place from September 2018- March 2019.
The project beneficiaries include:
- Buffalo City Metro Municipality, East London
- OR Tambo Municipality, Majola Village
- Amathole District Municipality, Idutywa
- OR Tambo District Municipality, Mancam
- Amathole District Municipality, Fort Beaufort
- Alfred Nzo District Municipality, Mbizana